Monday, December 19, 2011

last 24 hours in Haiti

I'm considering this Haiti's goodbye to me...

Last night we were watching The Holiday before bed and all of a sudden we heard a ton of gunshots. There was probably about 20 or so. This happens about every month, so Bridget and I just laughed. It freaked Rachel out a bit (as it should) and we joked about gunshots being Haitian fireworks. Then, about a minute later we heard this horrible moaning/crying noise that was clearly coming from the cows in the field by FWAL. Never been so happy to be a vegetarian. Listening to the dying cows definitely killed the romance of The Holiday.

This morning, Bridget went out to get coffee for us. She came back with a nice big cup of coffee for me but told me "there were more bugs than sugar in the can, so I only got you a little bit of sugar."  

No comments:

Post a Comment