Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dad came to visit!

Yesterday Dad came to visit me for the afternoon. He brought tons of goodies for me and things to give to the children. We took a bead kit and some unicorn silly bands up to oncology to give to the girls there. Surprisingly, Didine jumped right up on him... usually she is super shy with new people. She must have sensed he was part of the family. Well it could have been that... or occam's razor: he gave her a present.
Dad and Didine with her new sparkly silly bands and Dad's sunglasses
It was great for him to see the whole compound and some of the people that I work with. Hopefully, he'll be coming down again and stay with me next time! You reading this Dad??

After I dropped Dad back at Bernard Maevs and finished work, I went up to abandoned to hang out. Lubin is so close to walking, but he's so timid he won't go for it. All of a sudden I had a lightbulb moment and remembered the Little Tikes toy they have that is like a walker. I pulled it out and Lubin got the hang of it right away. I'm not joking, it took less than two minutes before he was running down the halls of the hospital, laughing non-stop because he was so delighted with himself! He needed almost no help at all, I spent way more time with Marco trying to help him with the tricycle. To be fair to Marco, it's pretty hard to ride a trike when your feet don't reach the pedals.
Heading out for a ti marche around the hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment